Management of thirteen leading global producers of beer, wine and spirits (including members of ZP PPS: Bacardi-Martini, Brown-Forman, Diageo, and Pernod Ricard) signed on 9 October 2012 in Washington an agreement to work together to reduce harmful alcohol consumption. The signatory businesses undertook to implement ten actions over the next five years in five key areas:
- reducing under-age drinking
- strengthening and expanding marketing codes of practice
- providing consumer information and responsible product innovation
- reducing drinking and driving
- enlisting the support of retailers to reduce harmful drinking.
The signatory companies have committed to submitting to external audits on the progress they are making on implementing the Commitments, with the results of the audits to be made publicly available.
More information about the Commitments is available (in English) at: http://www.producerscommitments.org/